Sunday, June 14, 2026

Sunday

 It's quite warm... to say the least. I keep the AC at 78,  and am being rewarded by the electric bill remaining at around $140 or so. 

MissS was over last Sunday afternoon; we got in the pool, and talked a lot.

Monday was a quiet day; I rewatched an old favorite movie with Loretta Young and William Holden and Robert Mitchum. Decided I needed to read this, which means finding it on the old book site and downloading it.

Tuesday was a big, big day. Sis and BIL stopped by to help install the beautifully cleaned rug into the second bedroom. It took 3 of us, although they did all of the heavy lifting. It looks amazing. I'm so thrilled.

As we were recovering, BIL went outside to take some measurements for the trench project, while Sis and I got caught up. When BIL came back in,  we were talking about the outdoor projects I still needed done, which Chris had said he'd do but still hadn't. BIL casually mentioned he had a pole saw in the truck... and said he could take care of these trees right then!  I was so excited and thrilled and in shock. I told Sis that MissS was due anytime to help me with some of the boxes in the guestroom.

And then BIL and I went outside to tackle the trees. That pole saw is heavy to wield, when you are aiming it upwards to take those things down safely. BIL did a heroic job-- two trees down along the chain link fence, and one much larger/taller tree in the back west corner along the fence. Everything was cut and stacked, ready to load into the wheelbarrow. 

I can't express how much of a relief it is to have those dead things gone, safely out of risk of entangling with the wires and cables. I have hated seeing those, since the February freeze. BIL did an amazing and careful job, and I practically cried with happiness.

They left shortly afterwards, and meanwhile MissS had arrived; we tackled two boxes, and just that amount was emotionally draining. I found several things I am planning to photograph and send out to the cousins, to see if anyone wants them.  

We stopped around 4. Later we cooked dinner together-- I'd thawed some mystery meat which turned out to be filet mignon, two small pieces. So we had those and lima beans and mashed potatoes.  I was so afraid of ruining these filets; I read a couple of recipes and watched one particular video multiple times, as it seemed a bit easier than the other videos. MissS didn't love the result, but I did, and saved the rest of hers which I had for dinner the next night too. May have been too salty? 

Wednesday morning I picked up my meds at Publix, and stopped at the jeweler's to ask them about re-engraving the cuff bracelet; they do this and will call me when it's ready. They also cleaned my diamond rings. Back at home I did laundry, moved the old bedroom curtains to the guest room, and took the wheelbarrow load to the curb in time for the afternoon pick up.

My pest control guy came and will come back in two weeks; apparently there are signs of bugs but fortunately I have not seen any.  

I had arranged to try the free delivery program from Walmart, and sure enough they were delivered on time right to my front door. Very handy.

And in the evening I attended my AlAnon Zoom meeting.

Thursday morning I managed both my nebulizer treatments and took some OTC cough medication, because MissS and Sis both came here to pick me up for the movie we'd planned to see, The Sheep Detectives.  We three were the only ones in the theater, until just before the previews started when 3 more people came in. The popcorn was yummy and addictive. 

The movie was not at all what I expected,  but I still enjoyed it. Good story, beautiful locations. Live action was so well done.

Back at home Sis left fairly soon, but MissS stayed for a few hours. We got rid of one entire pile, about 3 trips to the curb with the wheelbarrow loaded. 

Then we got into the pool at last!  I scrubbed it down and she added the liquid chlorine (when we were cooled off and out). Both of us had received a very small amount from the Facebook settlement related to the class action lawsuit, so she added that amount to my Amazon balance. 

Later that evening, much to my shock and surprise, I got a text from my third granddaughter, Layla. She is apparently heavily planning her future, researching colleges, currently into marine biology. She suggested she could come live with me while she attends Univ of S Florida in St Petersburg. She was so excited about this, and I was too! 

She is only 12, but I am so proud of her for thinking about it now. I had to point out sadly, that the college is on the Gulf side and I am on the Atlantic side, so commuting wouldn't be possible, but that she was more than welcome to visit or stay with me anytime. 

It was amazing to hear from her. I'd been sending cards and presents for years since moving here, but when I got no response, I backed off a couple of years ago.

And yet there it was, the text, the "seed" as my friend happily pointed out when I recounted this to her. My friend was delighted for me, and we reminded each other of the point of having Faith-- we don't know what will happen, but things are happening behind the scenes to work in our favor. 

Friday? I cannot remember anything! I know I didn't do any yard work except some weeding in the front, and watering the front plants, rinsing  out the trash can. I didn't feel like doing much.  

I think Friday was the day MissS learned she starts her new job tomorrow, Monday. She has a few days of in-home work training, and once that's done she'll know more of what is expected. I know she is anxious about this, but I think most people are anxious to start a new job, whatever it is. I know I was, and most of the co-workers I've ever met in my life start off anxious about the change.

Saturday I got to the meeting early enough that it was just B, the non hugger, whom I teasingly call Eddie. I was feeling low, worried about my sons, worried about what I could or should not do. B immediately discerned this, and again, gave me a big hug, and we sat and talked about the options. 

When C came in 15 minutes later, and then M, clearly needing to talk with B, I went and stood near where C was sitting. She kicked the empty chair out toward me and said, "Come, sit down". And then we talked, sharing concerns about our sons-- she has 4, all adults of course. We both got teary.

When more people came in, I saw K sitting with R in a completely different spot than usual. I went over, teasing him about the change in seating, but it literally does give one a new perspective. We talked some more about some other tools of the program to use to calm the hamster wheel in our heads. It was very helpful. 

For some reason my coughing was almost out of control. I hadn't had time to do the antibiotic inhaler and was planning on doing that one when I got home. But it was embarrassing to be the Cough-er. No one said anything of course, but I came this close to leaving the room. Eventually it calmed down. I was able to share at the beginning of the reading, and that set off a train of different thoughts. It's always a good meeting, and I am always so grateful.

After the meeting I stopped at Aldi's to pick up some fresh veggies, and some creamer and a few other things. After watching a few movies, I had an early dinner and then it started raining for about an hour, not heavily, but very welcome anyway.

When the rain stopped I went outside and power washed the pool deck-- it's so much easier when the rain has loosened the dirt enough to wash away. The pile that is left of the two trees is dried and crumpled, so hopefully this will be easier to clean up and bring to the curb.  And when that washing was done, I got in the pool which was 85 degrees!  It was wonderful and really helped my hip/leg thing.

Monday I have an appt with my PCP, and I have a list of things to discuss: the cholesterol level, the refills of the cholestyramine powder I use daily, I'm needing a prescription cough medication, referrals to a GI and a Derm. I am out of the med the GI prescribed and can not see her because she is not a contracted provider with my insurance. So either the doc takes over the refills, or she refers me to a different GI; I don't care which, or maybe I don't need the med anymore.

I have one more week, this coming week, of the antibiotic, and then it's two weeks off. 

Today is Flag Day, whatever that is, and it's also the Felon's birthday. Apparently bad weather is expected up in DC, which hopefully will ruin the gigantic cage he's had erected on that beautiful lawn, to manage the fights he wants to see. Sickening. Well, I won't get into politics here.

I guess that's it. My hip/leg thing is slowly improving, and I rarely need to take the pain pill; instead I am using the gummies. I don't know what will happen later in the year when the rules change, but maybe I won't need them by then.

TYG




No comments:

Post a Comment